Friday, April 19, 2013

YouTube, TeacherTube, and the Future of Shared Online Video Open 3/3/13



March 3, 2013 module 5: YouTube, TeacherTube, and the Future of Shared Online Video Open

                                 
This week we explored the use of online videos such as YouTube. As a future educator, I would incorporate online videos in the classroom everyday. I would encourage students to go on www.youtube.com/schools, which is a program like YouTube that has thousands of educational videos in a safe and controlled environment. The teachers choose what videos are available to students. Some other good teacher online video sites are www.SchoolTube.com, which has videos from students and teachers everywhere. www.watchknowlearn.org, which has free educational videos grades K-12.This website has a review panel of educators that watch the videos before they are submitted. www.Khanacademy.org has a library of lessons on every topic students can watch.
My only concern with videos in the classroom is that it may be difficult to filter inappropriate videos. I don’t think I would use videos as a homework requirement because some students do not have access to technology at home. I would probably focus on educational sites to find videos to use in my classroom. After doing some research, I found the websites above to be useful. I have never posted a video online before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment