Friday, May 10, 2013

Final Reflection

I used voicethread to complete my final reflection. I really like voicethread because I feel like it is so easy to use. This was my second time using it. Before I took this class I thought I knew everything there was to know about technology and how to use it in a classroom. I used a Smart Board and PowerPoint in the classroom. I had no idea how many more tools I could have been using. I was surprised when I learned so many new things that I never even heard of before. I didn’t even know what web 2.0 was or how web 2.0 tools could be used with a class. This semester I created my first blog using blogger, where I reflected on the assigned readings. I was very nervous at first because I had never written in a blog, but it ended up being a lot of fun. I will definitely try to continue to blog.  I learned how to use Prezi, screenr, xtranormal, weebly, blogger, goodreads, VoiceThread, LiveBinders, Flat Classroom, and Glogster. Some of my favorite web 2.0 tools are Prezi, weebly, Glogster and xtranormal.  I think that Prezi is a great presentation tool especially for collaboration. The only thing that I don’t like about Prezi is that it can be frustrating moving around the canvas and at times it can make you feel a little dizzy. I don’t know if elementary students would be able to use Prezi. I think that Glogster is probably one of the best tools to use with elementary students because it is very hands on, student centered, and easy to use. My favorite thing this semester was creating my own website. I used weebly, at first I was very nervous when I heard I had to create a website because it sounded so much more difficult than it was, but I had so much fun creating it! I can’t wait to use weebly again in the future.  I also learned a lot from the flat classroom project. It took me a while to get the hang of the site, but once I did I really enjoyed interacting with the students and reading their wikis.  I’m excited to share everything that I learned with my students.  I want to thank Nicole and Deborah for working collaboratively with me, and Dr.Smiranova for helping me along the way and teaching me new technology.


Here is a link to my final reflection :)
https://voicethread.com/?#q.b4555007.i23219768

No comments:

Post a Comment